- Wanderer from the Host by Stephenie Meyer-Meyer’s depiction of an alien snatching soul who learns how to be human made this book one of my favorites.
- Becky Bloomwood from Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella-Her inner musings always leaves me hysterical.
- Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith-I was a teen when I started reading these books, so it was strange for me when it became a TV series a couple of years ago. Damon was always my fave over Stefan.
- Lula from One for the Money by Janet Evanovich-The Stephanie Plum series has been my go-to summer books since I’m also a Trenton girl. Lula is one of those crazy characters you can never forget.
- Jessica Darling from Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty-I love sarcastic and funny main characters and Jessica definitely fits the bill.
- Thomas from Helper12 by Jack Blaine-Although the protag was almost my choice as a fave, I had to go with Thomas. I felt he brought out what was best in her.
- Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins-Who doesn’t love Katniss? She’s badass and sacrifices herself to save her sister.
- Fitwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen-Who doesn’t fall in love with Darcy during the course of this classic?
- Henry from the Goddess Test by Aimee Carter-Damaged, heartbroken and gorgeous, what makes a better love interest? Oh and his selected mate will rule the Underworld with him.
- Elisa from the Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson-It’s rare in fantasy YA to find such a relatable character that experiences so much growth in the course of a single novel.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters
On the Broke and the Bookish, the Roundtable for this week is your top ten favorite characters. These are my faves in no particular order. My boys have slept in, so I’m hoping that I didn’t forget anyone as I try to rush this post out before the little monsters wake up.