The Inky Melody was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Blog Award! This award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules to receive the award:
1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged.
3. Choose 11 people and mention them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them5. Remember, no tag backs.
Part 1: 11 Random Facts
1. I LOVE musicals and sometimes bust out in song in an attempt to turn my life into a Glee episode.
2. I have an eight year old pug and chihuahua mix (chipugua?) named Roxy.
3. I have a fear of someone hiding behind shower curtains and have to open them first before I use a bathroom.
4. I hate when someone texts back "ok" or "k" to confirm they have received my text.
5. I've tried every fad diet in the book including the horrible Master Cleanse.
6. I have no idea what to name the sequel to my first novel.
7. I only like to drink room temperature water.
8. I've been dying my hair religiously since I was 16.
9. My first freelance writing job was for a senior citizen magazine (I was 24 at the time).
10. I have bad luck when it comes to laptops and usually need a new one each year.
11. Although I lived a block from the beach, my family used to go to a lake 20 minutes away because we all hate waves.
Part 2: Answer 11 Questions
1. What is your favorite number between one and ten?
2. Do you listen to music while you write? Or if you're not writing, then while you're doing schoolwork, or chores?
Sometimes I do, it depends on my mood. For tough scenes in my book, I usually prefer absolute silence.
3. Vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry, or does it matter for each kind of dessert (say, you like chocolate ice cream better than strawberry, but you prefer vanilla cake over chocolate)?
4. Do you mainly read one genre of book, or do you like to branch out?
I prefer YA novels, but I do branch out. Other genres I enjoy include paranormal romance, contemporary romance, thrillers and the occasional historical romance.
5. What is your absolute favorite genre (or two, if it comes down to that)?
YA paranormal romance and contemporary romance
6. What is your favorite time of day? What is your favorite time of day to read?
I'm definitely a morning person, but I usually read at night once the little terrors go to bed.
7. Nonfiction or fiction? Why?
Fiction usually, but I'll pick up the occasional crime novel.
8. Of the core subjects (English, Math, Science, or Social Studies), which is your favorite? Why?
English of course! Since middle school, I've been writing stories and have been an avid reader.
9. Do you show your writing to other people easily, or do you prefer to have it perfected as much as possible before you share? Do you think your writing is personal on a deep level, and therefore you tend to keep it to yourself, or do you think that your writing is to be shared with the world, and therefore you'll easily hand it over for friends to read? Again, if you're not much of a writer, than how about your reading material? Will you show people what you're reading, or are you shy about it?
I'm a spaz when it comes to sharing. I'd probably be more prone to sharing unfinished pieces with strangers than family or friends. My writing is so personal to me, so I would be really hurt if they didn't like it.
10. Is there a certain type of animal that you love (or are obssessed about)? Is there a certain group of animals (such as cats and tigers and lions, etc. or wolves and dogs and meerkats, etc.)?
My five-year-old son is absolutely fascinated by sting rays, so I've gotten really into them.
11. Do you have any weird eating habits, and if so, what are they?
I get kind of obsessed with chewing gum while I write and can go through a couple of packs in a sitting.
Part 3: My 11 Questions
1. City or country?
2. What's your favorite part about blogging?
3. What's your dream vacation spot?
4. What writer do you admire the most?
5. What's your favorite book of all-time?
6. What's your favorite social networking site?
7. How many books do you read on average per month?
8. What book genre do you avoid the most?
9. What's the last movie you watched?
10. What's your favorite snack to have on hand when writing or reading?
11. What's the best piece of writing advice you ever received?
My 11 nominees (although I'm not sure how many followers everyone has):
The Adventures Within
Have You Heard My Book Review?
Books, College and Other Random Things
The Queen of Teen Fiction
Olivia's Bookaholic Life
Just Can't Beat Books
Purple Jelly Bean Chair Reviews